Rules for visitors of the Exclusion Zone and the Unconditional (Compulsory) Evacuation ZoneDuring the visit to the Exclusion Zone all visitors are obliged to:
- Wear clothing and shoes that fully cover body, head, arms, legs and feet;
- Adhere to requirements of warning and restrictive signs and radiation safety placards;
- Strictly adhere to the requirements of an attendant;
- Observe the approved programme and route of the visit;
- Adhere to the personal hygiene rules;
- Strictly adhere to the fire safety rules.
During the stay within the Exclusion zone it is prohibited to:
- Enter abandoned residential houses, industrial facilities or any other buildings and premises in the Exclusion zone (including in particular, basements and roofs);
- Climb up the ladder or any other way up to the antenna located at the “Chornobyl-2” facility;
- Carry weapons of any kind;
- Drink alcohol and use narcotic substance;
- Eat outdoor;
- Touch any items, constructions or vegetation;
- Walk, sit or place personal things (including cameras) on the ground;
- Take outside the Exclusion zone any items originating from the Exclusion zone;
- Violate the dress code (wear open toe shoes, shorts, skirts etc.);
- Stay in the Exclusion zone without an attendant;
- Pick, eat and take outside the Exclusion zone any animal and plant products (vegetables, fruit, berries, mushrooms, fish, other food produced in the Exclusion zone),except for samples taken for scientific purposes following obtaining a special permit;
- Bring pets (dogs, cats etc.) to the Exclusion zone or take them out of it;
- Drink water from wells, rivers or other open land-based source;
- Use open-flame sources;
- Carry highly inflammable and combustible liquid;
- Smoking, except for in specially designated places equipped with an ash-bin made of non-combustible materials (at checkpoints of the Exclusion zone; in Chornobyl town; at the ChNPP observation site; in Prypyat town – at a section for decontamination of personal protective equipment; at Chornobyl-2 facility).
Use of water is allowed only from the water supply network of Chornobyl town, brought in or the one which is sold in stores (in the packaging of the factory).
All instructions of the attendant must be followed.
Photo and video shooting is allowed only with the permission of the attendant along the route within the scope of the Law of Ukraine “On Nuclear Energy Use and Radiation Safety” and the Instruction “On the Procedure of State Secrets Protection, as well as other information…”.
Drone shooting is allowed along the route, except for SSE ChNPP, ISF-1, ISF-2, Outdoor Switchgear, TRWSF and RWDS, Prypyat town (not closer than 1700 m from the SSE Chornobyl NPP)
When leaving the Exclusion zone it is necessary:
- to pass a mandatory radiation monitoring of clothing, shoes, personal items;
- to pass a mandatory radiation monitoring of vehicles.
In case the contamination of personal clothing, shoes, or things exceeds the established control levels, they shall be decontaminated. Possible exposure dose does not exceed the dose limit for the general public.
In case of violation of the rules of stay or failure to follow the instructions and guidance of the attendant, the group will be forced to leave the exclusion zone.
In case of apparent disrespect, opposition or other unacceptable actions that contradict the norms of moral and ethical behavior, violations of radiation and fire safety, regardless of the number of violators identified by the attendant in the group, all participants will be delivered to the checkpoint “Dytiatky” escorted by law enforcement bodies of the Exclusion zone.
In case of such violations, the follow-up visits to the Exclusion zone will be impossible.
In case of emergencies, foreigners and stateless persons who are in Ukraine on legal grounds enjoy the same rights and responsibility as citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution, laws or international treaties of Ukraine ratified by the Parliament of Ukraine (Article 21, Civil Protection Code of Ukraine).