Route "Basic Plus"Slavutych Railway Station
Placeof meeting with accompanying person: you will be acquainted with the rules of stay within the Exclusion zone, check the documents and the form of clothing. After that you will take the train to ChNPP. *
Here you have the chance to see the first and largest change facility of Chornobyl NPP. The group takes the bus. *
* Important notice! Weekend tours are available only for members of the public who visit the Exclusion Zone as part of an organised visiting group and enter through the Checkpoint "Dytiatky".
The route of the visit starts from the ChNPP Administrative Building-1.
Administrative Building (AB-1)
Head Office of SSE Chornobyl NPP. You will receive a pass card and pass the verification of documents and personal belongings.
Defense construction No 1
You will see a unique defense construction intended to protect personnel in emergency situations.
Familiarization with the facilities where nuclear reactors, auxiliarysystems for power generation were controlled, and where the Shelter object
state is being monitored:
- CentralControl Room (CCR-1) is the control room for the open switchgear management and plant’s shift supervisor work place.
- Unit controlroom (UCR),from which all major technological processes were controlled during the reactor operation.
- Skala. Aunique electronic computer appeared in 1973 at the Leningrad NPP and was called "SCALA" - Leningrad NPP Apparatus (Reactor) Control System. Later it was also installed at Chornobyl NPP. It was the central information chain unified most of the power unit control systems into a single automated NPP process control system.
- Thecentral Hall is the power unit reactor hall, the place where technological processes took place.
- Unit 3 MainCirculating Pumps (MCP),which supplied water to the reactor core.
- Valery Khodymchuk Memorial plaque – the memorial to commemorate the MCP operator who died during performance his duties, no body was found.
- Unit 4 Controlroom (UCR 4) is the premise with partially dismantled Unit control panel equipment at the Unit where the accident occurred.
Business lunch according to the standards of healthful and dietary meals, similar to the lunch for SSE ChNPP personnel.
Bridge over bypass channel
You`ll see, and if as chance offers, you`ll nourish the famous Chornobyl catfish with bread.
You will be told about the first victims of the 1986 accident at Chornobyl NPP and the urgent measures to eliminate the disaster.
SO Observation pavilion
At the unique, detailed mock-up of the Shelter object you will be toldthe story of the first protective structure construction over power Unit 4, as well as acquainted with the history of New Safe Confinement construction.
You will pass control of personal clothes and things contamination and by electric train will go to Slavutich.